- The lack of a C style switch statement in Python is unfortunate. Because of this I have to code up a type dictionary for each API variable so I know how to decode it.
- Pyrex does not read include files automatically so pyx files require manually coding of structs, enums etc.
- I've had to add a function to test if the LL_element object returned by ll_get_data & ll_next_obj has data in it. The PyLoadL function PyCObjValid unwraps the data and checks the content returning a True if any data exists.
- 64 bit integer return values will overflow in a 32 bit Python build so if you need them build Python in 64 bit.
- Pyrex on Linux appears to output lots of warnings on compilation about unused variables - This has been mostly resolved by Pyrex-0.9.5+
I guess this list will only grow and never decrease, for now these remain to be completed.
- Exception handling.
- Higher level pythonic interface.